Power BI with Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
This 2-day course will help you get started with Power BI, a tool that helps you transform your company data into clear and understandable visualizations and share your insights with the organization.
In this training you will be shown general Power BI techniques that you can apply to many data sources but in particular, how to use Power BI with data in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement.
Module 1 Getting Started
- An overview of the Power BI toolset
Module 2 Getting Data from Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
- Connect to Dynamics 365 Online
- OData endpoint
- Connect to data replicated by the Data Export service
Module 3 Building the Data Model
- Using Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement as Power BI Data Source
- Importing Data with Power Query
- Creating Relationships
Module 4 Refining the Data Model
- Introduction to DAX
- What is Time Analysis/Intelligence?
- How Do I Create Measures?
- Refining Dimensions
Module 5 Creating a PowerBI report
- Visuals Overview (such as Slicer, Table, Matrix and Map)
- Applying Filters (such as Report, Page and Visual)
- Last Refreshed On
- What If
- Custom Visuals
Module 6 Creating Power BI dashboards
- Creating a Dashboard
- Quick Insights
- Sharing and Collaborating
- Data Alerts
- Dynamics 365 Content Packs
Module 7 Add Power BI visualisations to personal dashboard
- Add a Power BI dashboard to a personal dashboard
Embed Power BI tiles on your personal dashboard
Is this course for me?
This course is aimed at Dynamics 365 consultants and users who have not used Power BI and want to learn how to make Power BI reports and dashboards using data from Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement. The skills taught can be applied to other data sources.
Experience of working with Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement is required. An understanding of relational databases is helpful but not required.